Saturday 29 February, 2020

Woman perishes in Sea Lots blaze

 

Update February 5, 2019, 9:50 am:

The body of a woman, which was found on Monday afternoon in the remnants of a house that had been burnt down, has been taken to the Forensic Science Center.

An autopsy was scheduled to be conducted on Tuesday to determine the official cause of death.

This, police said, was due to the fact that there appeared to be a wound to the woman's head.

Video footage shared online on Monday showed emergency responders and passers-by looking on.

Warning: Strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.

 

However, it could not be confirmed if the wound was a result of debris falling on the body of the woman during or after the fire, or from a prior attack.

The woman, LoopTT was told, remained unidentified up to 6:00 am Tuesday and was only known as 'Lisa'.

She was said to be from the Santa Cruz area and was about 21-years-old.

This was the only identity given to them by the owner of the house that was burnt down, as he told police he did not know her last name.

The scene of the fire was visited by a team of officers including Snr Sup Rodriguez, Sup Dominque, Inspector  Narcis, and others.

Officials from the Homicide Bureau are continuing inquiries.

More on this as it becomes available.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: