Thursday 29 October, 2020

Woman rescued by neighbour from fire in Carlsen Field

The timely call of a neighbour may have saved a woman's life after her home caught fire on Wednesday evening.

According to reports, the 53-year-old woman was asleep at her home at Cashew Gardens, Carlsen Field, around 6:00 pm on Wednesday when she was awakened by a loud banging at her front door.

The woman woke up to the smell of smoke, and upon opening her front door, was greeted by her 18-year-old neighbour who told her her bedroom (on the Western side of her home) was on fire.

The two fled the house and called the fire services immediately.

A team of officers from the Chaguanas Fire Station, led by FSO Lampkin, responded.

Thankfully they were able to contain the blaze, and no injuries were reported.

Enquiries are continuing.

More on this as it becomes available.  

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: