Monday 23 November, 2020

More Trinidadians to go home after quarantine, negative tests

Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram said more Trinidadians were due to be sent home Wednesday after completing their quarantine periods and testing negative for COVID-19. 

Speaking at a media briefing on Wednesday, Dr Parasram said several people who completed their quarantine period of 21 days and received negative results, were also due to be sent home late Wednesday, as follows:

UWI Penal/Debe campus: 30

Chancellor Hotel: 17

UWI Freedom Hall: 45

NAPA: 21 (health workers who completed their tour of duty)

Cascadia Hotel: 14

Vision on Mission: 15

On Tuesday the Ministry of Health said 290 Trinidadians who had been under quarantine after arriving via the Enchantment of the Seas cruise ship were sent home after they completed their quarantine periods and tested negative for COVID-19.

Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram confirmed in a media update on Wednesday that they were discharged after each being tested for the virus three times and spending 21 days in quarantine.

All tests were negative.

Dr Parasram said that they will be sent home where they will remain isolated for seven more days, with regular follow-up check-ups from County Medical Officers of Health.

He said officers from the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) will also be monitoring them to ensure that they abide by their self-quarantine at home.

Dr Parasram said to date, 987 community tests have been conducted, with the current confirmed number of cases at 133.

To date, 5,680 tests have been done with 4, 244 unique tests and 1,436 repeated tests.

To date, there are eight patients receiving treatment at Caura Hospital.

The public is urged to continue to follow health and safety guidelines and monitor the Health Ministry for official updates. 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: