Here's how to apply for the Salary Relief Grant
Details on how to apply for a Salary Relief Grant for people who have been without an income due to the economic fallout of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have been released by the Finance Ministry.
Finance Minister Colm Imbert said in a social media update Sunday that an advertisement was released with details of the application process.
“This advert provides the criteria and procedures for the Salary Relief Grant of up to $1,500 for up to 3 months. It's available to workers who have lost their jobs or salary as a result of Covid-19. We are starting with persons in the NIS system before moving to other workers.”
According to the advertisement, online application forms will be available from April 8 and paper forms can be accessed from any police station from April 9, 2020.
Persons outside of the NIS system will be dealt with in Phase Two of the Grant.
Details are as follows:
The Ministry said all of the below conditions must be met:
1. Must be a citizen or permanent resident living in Trinidad anad Tobago during the period of the grant.
2. Must be between ages 18-65.
3. Must have suffered involuntary termination, suspension or loss of income between March 19 to June 30 as a result of COVID-19 health and safety measures (for example employees of bars, hotels, restaurants, etc.)
4. Must have no other source of income.
5. Must be registered under the NIS.
6. Your last or present employer must be registered under the NIS.
1. Completed application form.
2. Copy of national identification card/driver's permit/passport.
3. Proof of citizenship (National ID card) or permanent residence in Trinidad and Tobago.
4. Last pay slip issued in the month preceding or the month of termination or suspension.
5. A recent bank or credit union statement (if applicable), not older than three months, or a letter from the individual's bank or credit union indicating the relevant account holder and number.
How to apply
1. Download the application form from www.nibtt.net from April 8 or collect one from any police station in Trinidad and Tobago from April 9, 2020.
2. Fill out all sections of the application form.
3. Your present or last employer must complete the relevant section on the form.
4. Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
The Ministry said applicants are urged to do online applications to prevent gatherings and the possible spread of COVID-19.
In-person applications are invited for submission from Tuesday April 14, 2020. The Ministry said it will also announce safe-drop locations for completed forms between April 10-13, 2020.
For more information visit https://www.nibtt.net/ or call 625-4NIS (4647) or 687-1696, 687-3628, 687-3681, 687-3447, 686-9654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.