1 lb asparagus, trimmed (asparagus can be substituted with broccoli, zucchini or Brussels sprouts)
1 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
1. Place chicken in a medium bowl and toss with the spices (salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper).
2. In a large skillet, melt over medium low heat half of the butter (1/4 cup) and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
3. Cook the chicken in the butter until all sides are golden brown being careful not to burn the butter. Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for about 30 seconds. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same skillet increase heat to medium high, add the remaining 1 teaspoon minced garlic then add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Add the remaining 1/4 cup butter, lemon juice, sriracha, and parsley.
5. Add the asparagus and cook to desired tenderness. Add the chicken back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish the chicken and asparagus with more parsley and lemon slices. Serve.
If you're substituting fine salt or table salt for the kosher salt in the recipe, use only 3/4 teaspoon or it will be too salty. Table salt is "saltier" than kosher salt or coarse sea salt. Table salt has smaller individual crystals, so more crystals of table salt than kosher or sea salt will fit into a measuring spoon.