Check out this quick and easy chicken curry recipe from Family Food on the Table that everyone is sure to love.
It’s ready in just 15 minutes.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 14.5 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
3. Stir in curry powder, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne, if using.
4. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
5. Stir in chicken until warmed through, 1-2 more minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt until just combined.
7. Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley or cilantro and chopped peanuts.
If you have raw chicken breasts you want to use for this recipe: Chop the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan after the onion and garlic has softened (after step two in the instructions) and cook, stirring occasionally, until it's completely cooked through. It should take about 7-8 minutes. Then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: