Thursday 3 December, 2020

Ministry outlines procedure to apply for travel exemptions

File photo

File photo

The Ministry of National Security is advising that persons wishing to enter or depart the country must make a request via letter to the Minister of National Security, for an exemption.

In a statement on Tuesday, the Ministry said this is necessary as Trinidad and Tobago’s borders are presently closed in keeping with Government’s efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

It said only requests made by nationals and permanent residents of Trinidad and Tobago to
enter the country are being considered at this time, on a case by case basis.

Nationals and permanent residents seeking to enter as well as persons wishing to depart must submit their request for exemption to the email address, for the consideration of the Minister of National Security.

The following documents must be provided along with the request for exemption:

• Copy of the bio data page of their passport;

• Copy of their permanent residence stamp in their passport or copy of permanent residence certificate (applicable to permanent residents of Trinidad and Tobago only).

Following the receipt of email requests for entry or departure, the Ministry of National Security will contact the relevant persons to provide further information.

Persons who have already submitted an exemption request for consideration do not need to make another request.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: