Tuesday 26 May, 2020

Update: 13 more samples submitted for testing

Update May 22, 2020, 10 pm:

The Health Ministry has submitted 13 more samples for testing and there are no new positive cases.

According to it's 10 pm update on Friday, the Ministry said 2,879 samples had been submitted - 13 more compared to its 5.12 pm update.

The number of positive cases registered in the country remains at 116 and the number of deaths remains at eight.

To date, 108 people have been discharged. 

There are no more patients hospitalised.

 

Update May 22, 2020, 5.12 pm:

The Health Ministry has submitted 31 more samples for testing and at present there are no COVID-19 patients warded at hospital.

According to it's 4 pm update on Friday, the Ministry said 2,866 samples had been submitted - 31 more compared to its 10 am update.

The number of positive cases remained at 116 and the number of deaths remained at eight.

To date, 108 people have been discharged. 

 

Original story:

There are currently no hospitalised COVID-19 patients in Trinidad and Tobago.

The last patient was sent home on Thursday, bringing the number of discharged patients to 108.

In its 10 am update on Friday, the Ministry of Health said 2835 samples have been submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and the UWI site for COVID-19 testing.

A total of 2419 unique patient tests were completed, while 416 tests were repeated.

To date, 116 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and eight deaths have been recorded.

On March 12, T&T recorded its first COVID-19 case.

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: