Thursday 26 November, 2020

Proof of address needed to access services at Licensing Division

File photo

File photo

The Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) is advising the public of mandatory requirements to access services at the Licensing Division.

With effect from November 23, applicants will be required to provide the following proof of address to conduct specific service transactions at all of the Licensing Offices:

1. A recent utility bill (Telephone Landline, T&TEC, FLOW or WASA)

2. In the case of a rental, a copy of the Lease/Rental Agreement for the rental premises identified bearing the name of the applicant. If the utility bill or Lease/Rental is not in the applicant’s name, a letter from the owner confirming the applicant’s residence and a copy of the owner’s National Identification Card (ID) must be submitted.

The Ministry of Works and Transport said proof of address should be dated no more than three months from the date of application.

The following documents requiring proof of address are as follows:

1. Application for driving Permit (s)/ Endorsement (s)
2. Forms of Particulars to be given by Applicant for Registration of the Motor Vehicle
3. Application for Transfer of Vehicle Registration
4. Notification of Change (s) to Motor Vehicle
5. Notification of Change (s) to Driving Permit Details 

Get the latest local and international news straight to your mobile phone for free: