Quick and Easy Meals with AMCO: Baked Chicken Fingers & Sweet Potatoes
Oven Baked Chicken Fingers with Baked Cheesy Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables
We have been spending a lot more time at home these days and a lot more time in the kitchen as well.
Cooking is a fun way to explore your creativity and bond with your loved ones.
Some days though, you just want to get in and out of the kitchen quickly with a tasty meal in tow.
Here are some quick and easy meals you can whip up for yourself and the family.
Oven-Baked Chicken Fingers with Baked Cheesy Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables
1 pkg. Melo Chicken Fingers
2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cups Garden Foods California Medley, defrosted
1 onion, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups The English Cheese Co. White Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
For the Chicken Fingers:
- Preheat oven to 3500F. Oil a sheet pan and place frozen chicken fingers on the tray.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes, turning once, until chicken is golden brown.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the cubed sweet potato. Bring back to the boil and then cook for about 10 minutes. Place in a bowl or on a sheet tray with a paper towel to dry.
- Drain the vegetables and dry as well.
- Once dry, toss together in a bowl with the minced onion, garlic, sweet potatoes and some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place all the vegetables in the dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Alternately, to get a cheesier experience, you can lay half of the vegetables in the baking dish. Scatter half of the shredded cheese on top. Layer on the remaining vegetables and scatter with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve hot.