Quick and Easy Meals with AMCO: Cheesy Baked Chicken Meatballs
Cheesy Baked Chicken Meatballs With Mexican Style Corn & Sautéed Veggies
We have been spending a lot more time at home these days and a lot more time in the kitchen as well.
Cooking is a fun way to explore your creativity and bond with your loved ones.
Some days though, you just want to get in and out of the kitchen quickly with a tasty meal in tow.
Here are some quick and easy meals you can whip up for yourself and the family.
Cheesy Baked Chicken Meatballs with Mexican Style Corn & Sautéed Veggies
For the Meatballs:
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. dry thyme leaves
1 tbsp. dry or fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp. dry oregano
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 lbs. ground chicken
2 large eggs, beaten
½ cup The English Cheese Co. White Mild Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet and rub all around. Set aside.
- In a bowl, use your hands to combine the ground chicken, dried thyme, dried oregano, paprika, basil, eggs, cheese, garlic and breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands or a small ice cream scoop, form uniformed meatballs about 2 tbsp. each. Arrange the meatballs on a baking sheet.
- Roast meatballs on centre rack for about 15-20 minutes to cook. Once meatballs are nice and brown and cooked through, remove from oven.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
For the Corn:
1 pkg. Garden Foods Mini Corn on the Cob, defrosted
½ c. mayonnaise
Chilli powder or Paprika
1/3 cup The English Cheese Co. White Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
Freshly chopped cilantro
Lemon or Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 3500F.
- Place corn on an oiled or buttered sheet tray. Cook for about 20 mins. About halfway through, rotate corn on the pan.
- Remove the corn from the oven and place on a platter.
- Brush or spoon corn with a layer of mayonnaise and sprinkle with chilli powder or paprika, cheddar cheese and cilantro. Serve with a dash of lemon or lime juice.
For the Sautéed Veggies:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 pkg. Garden Foods Japanese Medley, defrosted
½ teaspoon dried herb of your choice (thyme, basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in frozen vegetables.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in dried herb, salt and pepper.